A Delicacy of Culinary Literature with English Toffee With Saltine Crackers
There is always a spread of uncommon feelings and emotions throughout the universe about delicious food. Once we met a famous celebrity who thinks that his long sleeping tongue is always given life by the prince of tasty Saltines. According to the opinion of the teens, they are living to eat instead of eating to live. We are not here to talk about people’s opinion about food. Let us move to the topic! It is no secret, English Toffee with Saltine Crackers!
Well, the name gives the meaning itself! The easiest way to bring out the meaning is to look upon this as perfect combination of vanilla and chocolate ice cream together. Or else think this as a salad made with both vegetables and meat together which can be feasted even by staring at it. We hope you got our point.
So, you got an idea. Well, and then let us start our exploration in the Planet of Toffee with Saltines. The only doubt left is whether you know to bake the main ingredient of today’s recipe at home or not.
If you know, then no problem!
But, if you do not know, yet, there is no reason to be panic since we are here to help with all the knowledge and the skills.
Now we will learn to about Saltine crackers.
What is English toffee with saltine crackers? –Before discussing about English toffee with saltine crackers
This is a crunchy and moisture less cookie which is also known as soda crackers made using fine all – purpose flour, yeast, baking soda and sea salt. This snack was originally eaten the United States of America. These can be snacked with cheddar cheese, avocado, berries and etc.
How do I make these crackers at home without much trouble?
Making these at home is a quite easy task after all! There are no much hard steps to follow like in many other recipes. All you have to do is follow the instructions and try out, NOW!
- 1 cup of all – purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- Sea salt flakes (if desired)
01. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit (190 Co). Line a baking sheet with a baking paper.
02. Mix the flour, salt, sugar and baking powder in a bowl. Pulse a few times to blend. Now add the butter and beat well. Add 3/4 cup of water and mix until it forms a scraggly type dough.
03. Flour a counter or a chopping board and knead the dough a few times till it forms smooth dough. Cover it with a kitchen cover or a food tissue paper and leave for 15 minutes.
04. Next roll the dough out into a 1/8 – inch – thick sheet and cut squares. Use a skewer to prick tiny holes in the top surface. If desired sprinkle some salt flakes as well.
05. Bake until the crackers are golden in the edges for around 15 – 16 minutes. Later remove from the oven and let them cool down in the normal breeze.
We hope you realized home making the saltines is pretty easy, you really need to try this out! Since, we enjoy these to serve with soups, with a spread like peanut butter or to accompany with cheese plates, it is necessary to have them at any time you want. Now you do not need to rush to the store to buy these anymore!
Now we have another question to find answers together, the question is none other than?
What is English Toffee???
The toffees found in the United States are usually white granule sugar while the English toffees are prepared using brown sugar which gives it a completely different taste. In the United Kingdom, the candies of this range do not contain nuts but the American style always has nuts like a tradition. That is why the American version is sometimes called as Almond Toffee too.
The introduction might make you feel a little comfortable of thinking to make this at home. That is why we are here, non – other than to help you!
Let us begin!
On your mark, get set, Bake!
You will need,
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 1/4 cups of white sugar
- 2 tablespoons of water
- 1/4 cup of slivered almonds
- 1 cup of chocolate chips
01. Apply butter on a 10 x 15 – inch jellyroll pan.
02. Add butter to a heavy skillet and melt it in medium heat. Stir water and sugar together. Now, bring to a boil add the almonds. Cook, stir constantly till the nuts are toasted and the sugar have turned golden.
03. Pour the mixer into the previously prepared pan but remember not to spread.
04. Sprinkle the chocolate chips immediately on top. Let stand till about a minute and pour chocolate. Wait till it cool down and break into pieces.
This is the easiest method of making this candy. You will need to know this to move into the next part of this article. That will be the best part, so, keep on reading.
How to make English Toffee with Saltine Crackers?
This is a bit crazy looking thing but after the first bite, you are going to be mesmerize with the taste and you will never ever think that forever. Making these and home is even easier, so, this would be the perfect holiday snack.
Do not have a bad impression about us or think that this sounds strange because it really is insane. But we still make sure that it is going to be your next favorite snack, it is that addicting! No one will ever believe that it is the saltines!
This is how you make it,
- 4 ounces of saltine crackers
- 1 cup of butter
- 1 cup of dark brown sugar
- 2 cups of semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup of chopped pecans
01. Preheat the oven to 400 – degree F (205 degree C).
02. Line the cookies on a cookie sheet in a single row.
03. Combine the sugar and the butter in a saucepan. Bring to the boiling point and continue to boil for about 3 minutes. Now pour it over the saltines immediately and cover the crackers completely.
04. Next bake at 400 – degree F (205 degree C) for about 5 – 6 minutes. After removing from the oven, sprinkle the chocolate chips over the top. Wait for 5 minutes and spread the melted chocolate with the chopped nuts.
05. Let sit till cool completely and break into pieces.
This is the easiest and the most comfortable recipe for making English Toffee with Saltine Crackers. You might have figured out that this recipe is the standardized procedure but it is up to you, the baker, to create a unique newly styled one. There is always freedom for you to think and try out your authentic creations according to your own method which is out of box thinking. We hope you are here by looking forward to join with our upcoming recipes too.
Thank You for reading!