Amazing and delicious
Toffee with Saltine Crackers, Saltine cracker or soda cracker is a thin, square shape cracker which is distinctively dry and crisp textured. Toffee is made by caramelizing sugar or molasses along with butter, and occasionally flour which usually have resins and nuts. Due to its toughness, this was originally called “Tuffy” and later this name changed into the phrase that we use today with time. Well, we all know the taste of a candy in many different flavours.
we all have heard and tasted crunchy biscuits and there is a numerous different flavour such as sweet, spicy, sugary, savoury, salty and umami. Though you are such an expert regarding this business, have you ever been updated about the marriage between salty and sweet couple? Sure, not! Have you ever tried out toffee with Saltine Crackers?
Yeah! They married, man!
And already delivered their new born royal like baby boy, SALTINE TOFFEE CRACKER
We all know that your curiosity is just up to the end peak craving for answers, what is the real taste of this new fancy snack? What is so special about something made with these biscuits?
It sounds like someone’s hungry!
Come on; let us have a nice snack time together. It is cooking time!
First of all, do you have an idea on baking these salty crackers at home?-
Home making this type of cookies is a pretty easy task; you really need to try this out!
Since, we use these to serve with soup, with a spread like peanut butter or to accompany with cheese plates, it is necessary to have them at any time you want. Well, now we will start baking!
Here we go!
- 1 cup of all – purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- Sea salt flakes (if desired)
01. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit (190 Co). Line a baking sheet with a baking paper.
02. Mix the flour, salt, sugar and baking powder in a bowl. Pulse a few times to blend. Now add the butter and beat well. Add 3/4 cup of water and mix until it forms a scraggly type dough.
03. Flour a counter or a chopping board and knead the dough a few times till it form smooth dough. Cover it with a kitchen cover or a food tissue paper and leave for 15 minutes.
04. Next roll the dough out into a 1/8 – inch – thick sheet and cut squares. Use a skewer to prick tiny holes in the top surface. If desired sprinkle some salt flakes as well.
05. Bake until the crackers are golden in the edges for around 15 – 16 minutes. Later remove from the oven and let them cool down in the normal breeze.
What is toffee with Saltine Crackers?
Toffee with salty crackers or Christmas cracker is actually a caramelized candy which is crunchy, buttery and absolutely addicting. And for sure, delicious combination of sweet and salt which are truly powered with taste to blast your taste buds out. This is super easy to make and makes your mouth to water when the fantastic smell begins to flow while baking in the oven.
Then, we will last move towards the mysterious process behind these amazing sweet and salty snacks.
How to make Toffee with Saltine Crackers?
You do not need to practice and perform any hard or mad skills in preparing this beautiful dish. It is quick and easy a perfect with Just five ingredients, but easily customized with optional toppings of nuts, crushed pretzels, candies or a sprinkle of total sea salt.
These are absolutely addicting; you would not be able to stop at once or forever. It is a special masterpiece with a perfect combination of sweet, salty and buttery cracker.
Now, we can start cooking now!
You will need,
- 4 ounces of Saltines
- 1 cup of butter
- 1 cup of dark brown sugar
- 2 cups of semisweet (medium) chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup of chopped pecans
How to prepare?
01. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F or 205 degrees Celsius.
02. Row down your cookies in a cookie sheet in a single layer.
03. Combine the sugar and the butter in a sauce pan and boil it for almost 3 minutes. Immediately, pour the mixer over the crackers and cover it completely.
04. Now bake for 400 – degree F (205 Celsius) for 5 – 6 minutes in the oven.
05. Remove from the oven and scatter the chocolate chips over the top most layers and allow settling for five minutes. Now, spread the melted chocolate and sprinkle the chopped nuts.
06. Let it to cool and cut or break into medium size pieces.
This is the basic recipe for making this combination of sweet and salty biscuits at home. Try it! We are sure that it would be easy, quick and also really, really tasty! The first try might not be right but just keep on trying and you will find your own unique recipe at last with a nice texture.
Now we will look into some quick facts about this type of cracker and the most common questions asked about this.
- What goes best with these?
Cheddar cheese, pears, apple butter, berry jam or sliced cucumber with smoked salmon.
- Can you eat 6 biscuits in a minute?
It is not a fact base answer but literary you can. An ordinary man can eat about two without water yet this challenge has only been completed by Rufus Z.
- Why does it have 13 holes?
These allows steam to escape during cooking and keeps the cookie flat without making the cookie rise like an ordinary biscuit. Also, these holes shield the crispy nature of the cracker.
- What are the nutrients you get?
These cookies are high with vitamins and minerals with trace amount of Potassium, vitamin E, vitamin A and Zinc. They also contain a good amount of Iron and Folate.
- What are there in the cracker?
A single serve contains 70 calories, 12 carbohydrates and just one gram of protein.
Accordingly, we hope that your craving for the best and latest recipe for the Toffee Saltine Cracker might be successful because we have provided you with all the necessary details you need at the kitchen in order to have a fine and a really incredible out-casted cracker at the end.
Now just have a try!
Thank you for reading!